,” or “us
”), how we use the information we collect, with whom we share it, how we protect it, and the choices we offer you regarding our collection and use of such information.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect personal information about you, meaning information that can uniquely identify you, from various sources, such as:
- Directly from you when you use the Services, such as when you register to be an educator or vendor, sign up for an account, fill out forms on the website, or contact us;
- Social networks through which you may interact with us; and
- Our service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
The personal information we collect about you may include, without limitation:
- Contact information, such as name, email address, and phone number;
- Login information, such as username and password;
- Employment and demographic information, such as employer, location of employment, your location, and job title; and
- Payment and financial details, such as payment card number and billing address.
When you use the Services, we may also collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browser. We may also use third-party tools (such as Google Analytics, HubSpot, MailChimp, and Multiview) that collect information about use of the Services and user traffic. The information we collect by automated means may include, without limitation:
- Information about the devices you use to access the Services (such as the IP address and the type of the device, operating system, and web browser);
- Dates, times, and duration of use of the Services; and
- Information on actions taken when using the Services (such as page views, product views and website navigation patterns).
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. It helps us to improve and personalize our Services, including by enabling us to identify and authenticate users.
- HOW WE RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
- HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use information we obtain about you to:
- Complete transactions you have requested using the Services, provide you with products and services you request or connect you with the providers of products and services that you request;
- Send you information or materials you request;
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, and promotions offered by us or third parties through the Services;
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure, including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users;
- Enforce our Terms and other agreements; and
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
- DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual user, without restriction. We may disclose personal information about you:
- To vendors, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business (e.g. to send you promotional emails or to improve your experience with the Services) and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements;
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of EdCuration, users of the Services, or others; and
- With your consent.
- DATA SECURITY
We have implemented security measures intended to protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls. Please note that the electronic transmission of information is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place to safeguard personal information will never be defeated or fail, or that such measures will always be sufficient or effective. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
- YOUR CHOICES
We offer you the following choices about the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you:
Most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to be notified when you receive a new cookie, and how to disable existing cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of all of the features of the Services.
If you do not want us to use your email address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from us by replying with “Unsubscribe” to a marketing email or by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in such email.
You may opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on our website by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and by HubSpot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Although we do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising or other targeted content, a number of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- ACCESSING AND CHANGING YOUR INFORMATION
You can review and change the personal information associated with your account by logging into your account and visiting your account profile page. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us.
- CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Services are not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from, children under the age of 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us.
- DATA TRANSFERS
We are based in the United States. When we obtain information about you, we may transfer, process, and store such information outside of the country in which you reside, including in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the transfer to and processing and storage of your information in countries outside of your country of residence, which may have different data protection laws than those in the country where you reside.
- CONTACT US