User Provided Information
As part of the registration process for Users, EdCuration collects information and data of its Users (Vendors, Educators, website visitors, and email recipients). Included in the information collected will be any information given to EdCuration by the User, including but not limited to the first and last name of the User, the name of the authorized representative of the User, the geographic location of the User or the User’s organization, and information regarding the preferences of the User, the email address of the User. If the User contacts EdCuration, either electronically or telephonically, EdCuration may store and use any information contained in the communication for future use or distribution. If the User’s information is collected through an email marketing campaign from EdCuration, whereby the recipient “clicks” on a hyperlink contained in the email, then User consents to the collection and distribution of User’s information by EdCuration.
Automatically Collected Data
EdCuration automatically collects information and data from Users. This Automatically collected information may include the User’s login data username and password, frequency of User login, device type, device information and location, search engine history, Internet Protocol address (“IP address”), computer connection data, browser information, browser plug-ins, previous product view information, cookie history and numbers, page interaction and click data and any additional data indicated by the User.
Messaging Platform and Notes
The User may send EdCuration or another User messages through a messaging platform on the EdCuration website. In such a case, EdCuration will store the message and may use the content to enhance the overall user experience and EdCuration product. EdCuration may also collect information and data of its Users from third party sources, publicly available information, advertisers, and internet service providers.
Vendors acknowledge and agree that any information or data input by the Vendor, including Vendor’s Contact or Product information, is for public display and Vendor acknowledges that EdCuration and Educators may choose to share such information with third parties.
Use of Collected Information and Data
Some data and information collected by EdCuration will be accessible to other registered Users as part of the EdCuration Services to help facilitate sales and purchases between registered Users. EdCuration may share or sell data with third parties who are not registered Users.
EdCuration may use the User information and data to (1) carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between the User and EdCuration and to provide you with the information, products and services that User may request from EdCuration; (2) to provide User with information about other goods and services EdCuration offers that are similar to those that User has already purchased or inquired about; (3) to provide User, or permit selected third parties to provide User, with information about goods or services EdCuration feels may interest the User.
Changing User-provided Information
User may adjust their User information through the Company Profile and My Products pages after login. EdCuration may also allow Users to disable EdCuration’s collection of some automatically collected User data.
Requesting User Information
Any User has the right to request any personal information collected by EdCuration regarding the User upon request by the User. To request the information, the User must contact EdCuration at:
If by email: email@example.com
Upon receipt of a verifiable request, EdCuration will provide User with all requested User information in the possession of EdCuration in electronic format. The User is limited to two requests every 12-month period.
User shall have the right to request that EdCuration disclose to the User the following:
(1) The categories of User information it has collected or (if applicable) sold about that User;
(2) The categories of sources from which the User information is collected or (if applicable) sold;
(3) The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling User information;
(4) The categories of third parties with whom EdCuration shares User information; and
(5) The specific pieces of User information it has collected or (if applicable) sold about that User.
Deletion of User Information
User may request that EdCuration delete all of User’s information. Such a request may be made by contacting EdCuration at:
If by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Upon receipt of a verifiable request, EdCuration will delete all of the User’s information in the possession of EdCuration in electronic format. EdCuration may not delete a User’s information upon request if:
(1) The User’s information is required by EdCuration to provide a good or service requested by User;
(2) If it is reasonably anticipated that the User’s information will be used by EdCuration for future provision of EdCuration services;
(3) The User is a Vendor or Educator subject to either the EdCuration Vendor or Educator’s Agreement;
(4) Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
(5) Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
(6) Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another User to exercise that User’s right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
(7) Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the California Penal Code;
(8) Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when EdCuration’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the User has provided informed consent;
(9) To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the User based on the User’s relationship with EdCuration; Comply with a legal obligation; or Otherwise use the User’s Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the User provided the Information.
User shall have the right, at any time, to direct EdCuration not to sell the User’s information. This right may be referred to as the right to opt-out. To opt out, please contact EdCuration via email in the same manner as a request for deletion of User’s Information.
For Users who are either Vendors or Educators, by agreeing to either the Vendor’s Agreement or the Educator’s Agreement, express authorization is given to EdCuration to continue selling or distributing such Users’ Information.
To opt out pursuant to this section, please click here.
Notifications and Updates